Iraq War vet pens 'last letter' to Bush and Cheney
rick murphy
2013-03-21 02:23:38 UTC
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/iraq-war-vet-letter-bush-cheney-tomas-young-154541674.html

Iraq War vet pens 'last letter' to Bush and Cheney

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News
Senior Media Reporter

An Iraq War veteran who joined the U.S. Army two days after 9/11 has
written a powerful open letter to former President George W. Bush and
ex-Vice President Dick Cheney accusing them of war crimes, "plunder"
and "the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans—
whose future you stole."

Tomas Young, who was shot and paralyzed during an insurgent attack in
Sadr City in 2004, five days into his first deployment, penned the
letter from his Kansas City, Mo., home, where he's under hospice care.

"I write this letter, my last letter, to you, Mr. Bush and Mr.
Cheney," Young wrote in the letter published on Truthdig.com. "I write
not because I think you grasp the terrible human and moral
consequences of your lies, manipulation and thirst for wealth and
power. I write this letter because, before my own death, I want to
make it clear that I, and hundreds of thousands of my fellow veterans,
along with millions of my fellow citizens, along with hundreds of
millions more in Iraq and the Middle East, know fully who you are and
what you have done. You may evade justice but in our eyes you are each
guilty of egregious war crimes, of plunder and, finally, of murder,
including the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans
—whose future you stole."

The 33-year-old, who was the subject of Phil Donahue's 2007
documentary "Body of War," continued:

"I joined the Army two days after the 9/11 attacks. I joined the Army
because our country had been attacked. I wanted to strike back at
those who had killed some 3,000 of my fellow citizens. I did not join
the Army to go to Iraq, a country that had no part in the September
2001 attacks and did not pose a threat to its neighbors, much less to
the United States. I did not join the Army to “liberate” Iraqis or to
shut down mythical weapons-of-mass-destruction facilities or to
implant what you cynically called “democracy” in Baghdad and the
Middle East. I did not join the Army to rebuild Iraq, which at the
time you told us could be paid for by Iraq’s oil revenues."

Young believes he was injured fighting the wrong war:

"I would not be writing this letter if I had been wounded fighting in
Afghanistan against those forces that carried out the attacks of 9/11.
Had I been wounded there I would still be miserable because of my
physical deterioration and imminent death, but I would at least have
the comfort of knowing that my injuries were a consequence of my own
decision to defend the country I love. I would not have to lie in my
bed, my body filled with painkillers, my life ebbing away, and deal
with the fact that hundreds of thousands of human beings, including
children, including myself, were sacrificed by you for little more
than the greed of oil companies, for your alliance with the oil sheiks
in Saudi Arabia, and your insane visions of empire."

"When Tomas Young saw President Bush on television speaking from the
ruins of the Twin Towers, his life changed," his bio on the "Body of
War" website reads. "As his basic training began at Ft. Hood, he
assumed that he would be shipped off to Afghanistan where the
terrorist camps were based, routing out Al Qaeda and Taliban warriors.
But soon, Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq."

In an interview with Truthdig.com, Young—who suffered an anoxic brain
injury in 2008—said he had been contemplating "conventional" suicide,
but decided to go on hospice care, "stop feeding and fade away."

"This way, instead of committing the conventional suicide and I am out
of the picture, people have a way to stop by or call and say their
goodbyes," Young said. "I felt this was a fairer way to treat people
than to just go out with a note."
Tell it like it is.

He's absolutely right.
Tell it like it is.
2013-03-22 17:19:11 UTC
Post by rick murphy
[...]
He's absolutely right.- Hide quoted text -
The United States' C.I.A. equipped Afghanistan with the weaponry to
defeat the USSR in their attempt to invade and occupy Afghanistan.
An Arab national working for the C.I.A. at that time named Osama bin
Laden took full credit for the assistance from the C.I.A. that made
him a hero in the eyes of the Afghans and their Mujihadeen.
An organization called Al Queda developed around Osama bin Laden
to continue the spirit of their victory in Afghanistan against the
afghan fight with the Russians.
That is what Mr Young, the marine is referring to. the international
terrorist network that developed out of Afghanistan. They were most
likely involved in the attacks on 9/11/01. Since the hijackers were
claimed to have been arab nationals as was Osama bin Laden formerly of
the C.I.A. during the conflict in Afghanistan..
I would advise him to hold on. The Lord is the giver of life we
Catholics say every week in Church. Life, his life, and the life of
every brave and sincere soldier and American means something. You
shall know the truth, and the truth will make you free. He's
absolutely right, and he is not alone.
Men like Mr. Young are what the truth movement of 911 is all about. I
say to him don't give up and don't give in - ever. That's my advice to
Mr. Young. Life is worth living.
When I was in high school, I remember Al Conners telling us kids,
Every man will eat a peck of dirt in his life time. Then he proceeded
to show us how big a peck of apples was from his apple orchard where
he hired migrant Puerto Ricans every year to pick the apples. Al
Conners was also the former Police Chief of the town of Derry, New
Hampshire where the high school is located. When the boys acted up,
he'd have them bend over, and hold on to their ankles, and they'd get
the paddle. I ran into the principal years later and he was in his
nineties Alvah Hackler.

I remember during the Vietnam war I was given shock treatments
paralyzed with Curare. I lived through it. I agree with Winston
Churchill: Never give up. As the prayer we Christians say in Church
every Sunday "the lord is the giver of life".