a poem for appreciation
Paul Elam
2015-08-25 05:19:04 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Some of us may pine for times that never were/
Some of us instead dwell in a drugged-out blur.
For those with more pain than our shriveled hearts can take/
A kilo of horse gives relief and slays the green-eyed snake./
We've known since we were 12 that we'd never reach the top/
At some point we have to say, This is it. No more. Full stop./
"Cowards," you may shout, "what a selfish thing to do."/
Yet we've reached the other side where we can start anew.
Let the hotel maid knock and knock, I'll never come to the door/
When she opens it, she'll find me twisting slowly above the floor./
She'll raise the roof with a scream that echoes through the town/
The medics will have to come and cut my remains down./
They'll pay not to talk about the corpse she found/
But she'll dream of me rotting underground.
You've captured my thoughts from every day of the last 20 years. If
only the worthless users that I deal with - especially Lucian and netgod
- would read it and take it to heart themselves.
--
Please visit
anearformen.com
bandit hickaloo
2015-08-25 10:16:44 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Paul Elam
You've captured my thoughts from every day of the last 20 years. If
only the worthless users that I deal with - especially Lucian and netgod
- would read it and take it to heart themselves.
thank you for your kind response.